Community Forum

Help analyze my signal? Getting SYNC and T3 Timeouts, signal drops multiple times a day

New Poster

Help analyze my signal? Getting SYNC and T3 Timeouts, signal drops multiple times a day

I just replaced my cable modem with a Motorola MB7420 hoping that is resolved intemintent connection issues and internet droping.  The tech came out and confirm that "the signal is good" using is meter. Howver, I'm still experiencing signal issue and random internet connection drop.  

I don't much about signal quality and was hoping someone from this forum give me some feed back.  Here are my stats. As you can see I get Critical messsages from the event log that happend with dropped signal.  \

Startup

Signal

Event Log - Corrected

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Help analyze my signal? Getting SYNC and T3 Timeouts, signal drops multiple times a day

The images you posted aren't visible. They all look like this:

HfImgPlcHldr.gif

This is probably because you are a new poster and the images require moderator approval. The links you posted are working and Startup and Signal page numbers look OK. Unfortunately the "Event Log" link points to the same image as the Startup link, so we can't see your Event Log. Could you fix that?

If you haven't already, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips.

New Poster

Re: Help analyze my signal? Getting SYNC and T3 Timeouts, signal drops multiple times a day

Thanks. Link corrected in original post. Unfortunagely the cable modem model truncates the logs after about 90 chars.

Here is the event log link: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AykoW3J6kf3FXK2G7

Gold Problem Solver

@RedShirt655 wrote: ... Here is the event log link: ...

Got it, thank you. Unfortunately, the log confirms that the modem is having trouble communicating with Comcast's network.

If the Troubleshooting link doesn't help you out or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the Internet Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Official Employee

Hi RedShirt655, thank you for reaching out here on our forums.  Please let me know if you need help scheduling a tech visit and I can help set that up for you. Just send me a private message with your full name to get started.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!