Community Forum

Have to reset modem almost everyday as xfinity internet got offline

New Poster

Have to reset modem almost everyday as xfinity internet got offline

I have this weird issue where I need to reset my modem every other day because the internet goes offline And whenever I reset my modem either via Comcast reset signal or manually powering off & off the modem, the internet comes back online. I changed Comcast modem twice and later bought my own, but the same issue persists. Its very painful & embarrassing as sometimes I work from home and in between my google hangouts meeting, internet disappears. Because of this Comcast shabby internet service, I am hesitant to work from home. 

I created a ticket in past with Comcast and got the technician at home. He did a speed test and said the internet is working but he didn't really understand the problem and left. To my surprise, Comcast charged me $70 for that visit. Later I called Comcast Support and they assured me that it will be a credit to my account which never happened (even after repeated calls)

Anyways, I am NOT worried a lot about my $70 loss but more concerned about the need to reset modem almost every day. Can someone really technical in Comcast look at this issue and suggest next steps? I am in a new construction/community where other houses are not having the same issue, it's only me. Is there any issue with Comcast cable lines in my house, is wiring not proper? How to troubleshoot this intermittent disconnects? 

I wanted to buy Xfinity TV as well, but I am now scared to invest more here if lines are not installed correctly and TV will have the same issue. 
Expert

Re: Have to reset modem almost everyday as xfinity internet got offline

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

modem event logs only show the events when i did reset and nothing else. 

Here is the Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 2.54.00 PM.pngscreenshot of signal strengths

New Poster

Comcast technician came and this time seems like someone logical and reasonable. He took some time to test inside and outside of the house with his modem to collect more stats. He observed some quick variations and errors at the start as soon as when modem was connected. Found that coax had bad connectors both inside and outside. I took some pics and will post later. He replaced both of those, and retested everything. No more sudden jumps in reading and no more errors. I will wait for sometime (few days) to see if I need to reset again or the problem is solved now. fingers crossed Smiley Happy

Thanks Mark from Comcast.

Expert

Hope that things hold up for you. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

nope, after 2 days, same problem.  this is eating my brain now. very tricky issue. 

i called same technician and he checked online that signals are good. i keep doing reset everytime.  

He suggested that it could be a voltage issue in the attic which is not the case. 

Any suggestion here? how can I troubleshoot this when the internet goes off and modem internet light is still green.