Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Hallmark Movies Now not working on home wifi

Regular Visitor

Hallmark Movies Now not working on home wifi

Hello All!  I am new here.

I have Xfinity Blast Pro, so the 250 mbps high speed internet.  So I have downloaded the Hallmark Movies Now app on my iPhone, iPad, Tv and Apple TV, all of which are fully updated.  I have also rebooted my modem several times.  When I try and access the app while on wifi at home is "Cannot connect to server, Try again".  If I switch to data on my phone works instantly.  Or try it at work on a different wifi, works instantly.  So it seems to be just an Xfinity wifi issue.   Is there a block happening here that I don't know about, and how do I unblock it?

New Poster

Re: Hallmark Movies Now not working on home wifi

I’m having the same issue. Working on alternate DNS settings, but that doesn’t seem to help.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Hello all, we don't block access to your apps or websites which means there could be a problem with your internet itself or your credentials. I can send your modem a signal refresh to get it communicating with the network, first I will need to verify your account information. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Have a Roku and Firestick, but Hallmark Movies Now, will not download.  Spent over an hour on the phone with HMN tech support. And they are thinking it is Comcast.  I can receive HMN on my laptop, computer, etc. but not on my Streaming devices.  It says it is there, tries to download, then won't.  My support rep at HMN is looking into it.  All my other streaming channels, Pureflix, Netflix, Redbox, etc work great.  Only this one.  It's like it is being Blocked or not compatible.  HMN said they have had problems in the past with Comcast.  It just doesn't make sense.  I have Rebooted, and restarted, and done everything.  Hopefully HMN will solve the problem.  Very frustrating.Has anyone else had this problem in the past.  I know the rep said below that they don't block, but something is going on.

New Poster

Did you ever find a solution to this?

New Poster

Yes. I am having this same exact problem. It was working fine up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Then I went to visit my mom in Florida last week and tried it on her Roku and it worked perfectly fine! I have the Roku Stick 3600X. Not sure if that means anything or not. My mom has Brighthouse for internet in Florida, so that's why I'm thinking it's a Comcast/Xfinity problem.

Regular Visitor

Hello all!!
I found a solution that worked for me. If you have the Xfinity Xfi app, go into that, click on the bottom internet icon, then you will see in the middle of that screen something that says Security, click that. In there it should have a toggle where you can toggle on/off for Protected Browsing. I turned mine off and amazingly it now works!!!! Maybe this will work for you, maybe not.
New Poster

Ifinally figured it out.  I had HMN thru my Amazon.  Once that was done(cancelled). I was able to download.  So it was the Amazon Channel that interferred with me downloading it.  Nothing at all to do with Comcast.