Community Forum

HP wireless printer sees network, won't connect after installing new xFi gateway

New Poster

HP wireless printer sees network, won't connect after installing new xFi gateway

Just installed new xFi modem. Everything working perfectly except printer (HP Photosmart 5510, wireless) . It sees the network but won't connect. The printer's troubleshooter says it is unable to connect and that the problem may be the router settings as follows : This may be caused by  1) 802.11 devices only and 2) WPA-TKIP only encryption. WPA-TKIP is no longer allowed for newer certified wireless 802.11n devices because WPA-AES provides stronger security. It recommends that I change my wireless router encyrption setting to WPA-AES or WPA-AES or TKIP(also called mixed-mode), then re-run the wireless set up.

Contributor

Re: HP wireless printer sees network, won't connect after installing new xFi gateway

Anyone else seein this problem?  I have an HP M1217nfw that sees my SSID, wifi is enabled, but it won't print wirelessly anymore.

Expert

Re: HP wireless printer sees network, won't connect after installing new xFi gateway

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting stuff here ? ;

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-m1217nfw-multifunction-printer-series/4292048

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Yes - much of the HP site is a mess too with "updates"...  But I did do firmware, and then connected to the xFi somehow (after restarting the XB6)  Then I connected to printer with USB, reinstalled the printer, and then ran HP wireless utility.  All good tonight.....

I reconfigured the HP Printer, firmware and wireless connections.  I reset my xFi, and it shows up on the network again.  Then I ran HP wifi utility and 4 computers are now working via wifi. 

Crossing fingers

Expert

Glad you figured it out !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!