Community Forum

Got Gig, but only 160-ish Kb down

New Poster

Got Gig, but only 160-ish Kb down

Upgraded to Gig a little while back, but I'm getting worse speeds than when I was on Blast 250.

I have a Netgear C7800 modem.  It might be important to note that there is still a splitter outside (looks like a 3-way), since the house was wired for cable TV.  Of course, I've cut the cord and stream everything, so Gig is pretty important.

I've attached a screen cap of my modem status page.  The computer I'm testing from is hardwired to the router via a Cat-6 cable.  However, right after I upgraded, I was even getting > 400Mb on WiFi.

Thanks,

Ken

KenCapture.PNGspeedtest.png

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Got Gig, but only 160-ish Kb down

Try this:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

FWIW, it appears that the modem is not locking on to the DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM downstream channel (channel 32) which provides gig speeds. Have you tried rebooting / resetting the modem ? Also, it may be provisioned incorrectly.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

How long has your gateway been online? The only reason I ask is because your uncorrectables seem quite high.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!