Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Give my printer a reserved ip

New Poster

Give my printer a reserved ip

I recently set up a new Canon WiFi printer. It was automatically assigned tp IP addtress 10.0.0.18. When I try to change the device configuration from "DHCP" to "Reserved IP" in the Xfinity gateway admin tool, I receive the message "IP address already exist". When I try to delete the printer under "Devices" in the gateway admin tool (by clicking the "X" in the listing), I get this message: "Are you sure you want to add this device to Blocked Devices List?". I don't want to block this MAC address - I just want to change the device to a reserved IP address. Could someone please explain the correct way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

Re: Give my printer a reserved ip

Hello 2morrow22, are you still having issues with getting your printer on a reserved IP? If so I can help, please send me a private message with your account number and MAC address. 

New Poster

I have exactly the same problem.  If there is a solution, could you please post it?

Basically, the router won't allow you to assign a reserved IP because the MAC address already exists in its list.  But it doesn't let me remove it so I can add it with a static ip.

New Poster

I'm having a similar problem too.  Please post an answer.

New Poster

Same problem. Please post an answer. I've found the question many times, but never an answer.

Expert

Dead thread from last year now being closed. Please post your own new topic here detailing your issue.