Community Forum

Gigabite Internet Max Speeds of ~20 Mbps and Going Down Constantly?

New Poster

Gigabite Internet Max Speeds of ~20 Mbps and Going Down Constantly?

I have the Gigabite internet plan that costs over $100/month and I have been getting max speeds of ~20 Mbps and having the network go down constantly. At least once per day, if not 2-3 times. 20/1000Mbps is not a good look.

I edited after getting a technician scheduled to come out, but this is basically the speed of the $40 plan and I'm paying over $100 for it...

Contributor

Re: Gigabite Internet Max Speeds of ~20 Mbps and Going Down Constantly?

If you are using wifi, try to use the 5g band its alot fastesr the the 2.4 band

Expert

@cjrichards18 wrote:

I have the Gigabite internet plan that costs over $100/month and I have been getting max speeds of ~20 Mbps and having the network go down constantly. At least once per day, if not 2-3 times. 20/1000Mbps is not a good look.

I edited after getting a technician scheduled to come out, but this is basically the speed of the $40 plan and I'm paying over $100 for it...

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you very much, switching it to the 5ghz band instantly improved the speeds.