Community Forum

Gigabit service slow!

Regular Visitor

Gigabit service slow!

So I've had this service for a week. So far the fastest DL speed I've had was 408Mbps. I'm hardwired with a cat6 cable. I've had the technicians come out since installing the system and they cant figure it out. I've called comcast about 8 times and they dont offer anything but restarting the modem 5 times and running 50 speed tests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Gigabit service slow!

@3v0 wrote:
So I've had this service for a week. So far the fastest DL speed I've had was 408Mbps. I'm hardwired with a cat6 cable. I've had the technicians come out since installing the system and they cant figure it out. I've called comcast about 8 times and they dont offer anything but restarting the modem 5 times and running 50 speed tests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What NIC does your computer have?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I'm not 100% sure the brand. I bought it pre built as a gaming desktop. This was the description on the website. 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet connection port.
Official Employee

Hi 3v0, I would like to look into your speed issue further on my side.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Sent you a PM
Official Employee

Hi 3v0, I have responded to your private message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Well this makes 3 service calls, replaced the modem on the 3rd time. Same speeds and very inconsistent. One test will get 150mbps, then 425mbps, and itll go to 300 something. Any other recommendations? I've been told by everyone my signals are good, so I'm stumped. If the company cant figure it out I'm not sure who can. I'm just a little upset that I'm paying for a service that I cant get even half of. Understanding its "up to" 1gbps, but if this is the best it gets in my area I'd at least down grade plans.
Official Employee

Hi 3v0, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you