Community Forum

Gigabit service and arris sb8200

New Poster

Gigabit service and arris sb8200

Signed up for gigabit service. Tech was out yesterday. I hadn't picked up my modem. He states he did all his checks and didn't have to install or update anything. Went to Bestbuy and picked up a modem. Took over to the xfinity store and got it added to my account. Haven't been able to get Gig speeds yet. Talked to chat rep. They said I had another appointment for Oct 14th. I never scheduled and was told I had this appointment. Talked on the phone to another rep. Asked them to just reprovision my modem. She tried to complete the order but was unable to. Now I have internet. However,

1. I can't direct wire into the modem. Two laptops and two different cables on both ports fail to give an IP address

2. Still getting only blast speed in the 200mbs range, upload is in the gig range at 35-40mbps

Who do I talk to to get this corrected? I'm pretty sure at the moment that I've got everything I need and all of this is back office stuff.

Expert

Re: Gigabit service and arris sb8200

@bvansick wrote:

1. I can't direct wire into the modem. Two laptops and two different cables on both ports fail to give an IP address

2. Still getting only blast speed in the 200mbs range, upload is in the gig range at 35-40mbps

1. Did you restart your modem prior to hooking up your laptop?
  2. The modem is provisioned properly for gigabit as the upload is fine.. You'll need to look at the Troubleshooting Gigabit internet speeds thread and see if you can isolate any issues this way. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!