Community Forum

Gigabit internet service & Netgear CM1150 Issues

Regular Visitor

Gigabit internet service & Netgear CM1150 Issues

Help!

I recently signed up for gig service and am having all sorts of performance issues. My speeds into the home can vary anywhere from 25Mbps all the way up to (rarely) 850Mbps. I'll reset my modem and router in the morning and have good internet for a few hours. Then overnight, or sometimes even the same day, my speeds tank again back to a crawl. 

After viewing the "How to troubleshoot gigabit service" post, I've tried all suggestions. If I reboot my netgear modem, all is well again for a few hours. Sometimes even a day. But this is getting out of hand. I wanted to submit my modem power levels since I saw in the video that I shouldn't really have values in the uncorrectable/correctable column, and I certainly do. Plus my modem log is riddled with errors!!

Can someone help?

@ComcastChe (I read a similar post and you were quite helpful)Power Levels 1.jpgModem Levels 2.jpgModem Log.jpgModem Levels 3.jpg

Regular Visitor

Re: Gigabit internet service & Netgear CM1150 Issues

I forgot to post this as well, I have a Domotz unit in my network that monitors all sorts of areas. One thing it also monitors are speedtests. I've only had Gigabit service for approx. a month so thats why there is only this little data. 

As you can see, it started off great! and then for one reason or the other it tanks down. Those spikes you see is me rebooting the modem and router. Something happened on March 17th, 2019 and my internet speeds haven't been the same since. We've had issues in the past with our Xfinity TV service pixelating during DVR playback, so approx. a year ago they ran a new coax line (orange jacket, in a red underground plastic conduit) from the connection point in my neighbors backyard. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Speed test log.jpg

Official Employee

@bobbeling

I apologize for the late reply. Thank you for using the Xfinity Forum. Based on the screenshots you provided, I'd like to take a deeper look into your signals, check the health of the node and see if I'm able to isolate a cause for your speed and connection issues. 

Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChe 

Turns out the issue was the Netgear CM1150. Got a new gateway from Comcast and my speeds have been restored. 

ComcastChe was awesome. He was able to send out a tech and while there wasn't much the tech did, he was able to verify that all the wiring was intact and optimally routed. 

I was able to bridge my XFi gateway with my router and now have speeds in the high 700s low 800 Mbps which is satisfactory for now. 

Official Employee

@bobbeling

I'm so happy we got it resolved for you. I've replied to your private message. Please, don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything in the future, I'd be happy to help however I can. Thank you for being a valued customer. Take care! Smiley Happy 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

What was the problem with the Netgear CM1150V? It's a DOCSIS 3.1 modem and should of been able to work with the 1Gbps speed tier, through depending on your router and PC might only see speeds around 800-850. Did you try connecting the CM1150V directly to a PC (no router) with good quality CAT5e/6/7/8 cables?
Official Employee

Hey @FAUguy

This situation was different than yours. In this case, a modem swap was necessary.