Community Forum

Gigabit WiFi Speed drops

Regular Visitor

Gigabit WiFi Speed drops

Hello,

I have 1GB tom y house and CM1200 modem. From modem to router I am using brand new CAT5E cable. Current router is Lniksys AC1900 from the office because I already sent my ASUS RT-AC86 back for replacement.

After reboot modem or router, I am getting pretty good speed on both wifi channels (500Mbps), but through the day, speed will drop to 10-20Mbps. Another reboot and everything goes back to normal. 

I scanned network to find free channels, I disabled QOS, TX Bursting Disabled, MU-MIMO Disabled, Beamforming (both) Disabled, Modulation 2.4GHz up to MCS 7 (n) Modulation 5GHz up to MCS 9 (ac).... Nothing seems to work.

Is it normal for Comcast users to reboot network equipment every day?

At least I will get a new ASUS router Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.15.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.15.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-29 at 10.14.54 PM.png

Regular Visitor

Re: Gigabit WiFi Speed drops

Official Employee

Re: Gigabit WiFi Speed drops

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to reach out here regarding the internet. No, you should not have to continue to reboot your modem throughout the day, we want you to have consistent and reliable internet! I'd like to take a look at this further with you to see if there are any issues in the area. Please send us a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send us a Private Message, please click our name “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!