Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Gigabit Pro secret handshake

New Poster

Gigabit Pro secret handshake

Has someone found the correct secret handshake for Gigabit Pro service? I had an offer for Gigabit Pro ( 2GB/2GB ) FTTP in my area last year, but I didn't install it at the time.

I want to install it now, but since Comcast now also has a Gigabit DOCSIS3.1 service, I can't find anybody who knows anything about Gigabit Pro.

They just hear the word 'Gigabit' and then start down the general Gigabit service (1GB/35mb) sales pitch path. 6 different people now went down this 'Gigabit' path.

Furthest I got was that the residential department (both over chat and phone) insisted you need a business account for Gigabit Pro, so they transferred me to the business department. Business department doesn't know anything about a service called 'Gigabit Pro', and when I said it involved putting down a new Fiber Optic cable, they ended up connecting me to the backbone? department (Metro-E) to install a custom Fiber line. So now I know how to get a 100GB fiber line installed for millions of dollars, but still not the Gigabit Pro service....

New Poster

Re: Gigabit Pro secret handshake

I just saw another poster on here mentioned that they hired a personal assistant to contact Comcast to find a contact and it was successful for them. I'm going down that road as well.

I have a job posting up on UPWORK for this if anybody thinks they have the magic touch to be able to deal with Comcast. Search for "Contact Comcast" in the job title.

Expert

Re: Gigabit Pro secret handshake

Hi @deonb

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.