Community Forum

Gigabit Internet is intermittent and very slow at night 10~30Mbps but works fine during the day!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Gigabit Internet is intermittent and very slow at night 10~30Mbps but works fine during the day!

Since 10/28/2020 my internet has been intermittent and extremely slow at night. This issue starts between 8PM and 9PM CST every day! The speeds begin to decrease between 8-9PM to 100 -200mbps then continue to drop as the night goes on. Around 12-1AM the speed is at 10-30Mbps. The upload speed is largely unaffected and stays between 30-40mbps. The internet "magically" returns to full speed between 8-9AM. Also, TV and Alarm is essentially unaffected.  I have had 4 techs out all who say everything is fine. (They come during the day when the internet works fine, and I get 940Mbps down.) The techs replaced all my connectors to "continuity connectors" and have checked every line for noise + voltage inside and outside my home. My 1 to 3 splitter and filter were also replaced. All of that was done in hopes that it was an undetectable issue at the premise. It was not.

I have tried every trouble shooting technique I can think of to run as a consumer. Reboot gateway, Replace Gateway, check physical connections, disconnect everything from network except 1 wired PC to run tests.

Currently I am waiting for the area supervisor to acquire a "wide open modem" on Wednesday 11/11/2020 to come and split my outside line to catch the issue when it happens.  Upload speeds stays consistent even at night. Only the download speed is affected.

I have a done over 400 speed tests at various hours of the day on different servers in different cities and states over the past 12 Days of internet jackery at night. I have also run multiple traceroutes to comcast from a wired PC and directly on the GUI of the XB6 gateway. High pings, packet loss and timeouts occur randomly at " ae-151-1203-rur01.almeda.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.252.157] "  and  " ae-12-ar01.bearcreek.tx.houston.comcast.net [68.85.87.45] " It seems the repair teams don't want to look at the plant or IPX as a potential issue even though it potentially is.

My internet is unusable for about 12 hours a day. My smart home, devices and routines are severely messed up without internet and I am constantly having to do things manually. I have had to use my cellphone hotspot for internet the past 12 days while I work at night. I have already used 50GB on my hotspot and am quite upset with XFINITY. I asked for a hotspot from XFINITY mobile to use until this issue is resolved and was told it is not possible. --- really NOT a happy XFINITY customer since 2015.....

Does anyone here have any suggestions, or the ability to escalate this issue higher up?

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Gigabit Internet is intermittent and very slow at night 10~30Mbps but works fine during the day!

SO update even though no one has responded.

The internet started working again at night (full gig speed) last night 11/11/2020... However the very next night 11/12/2020 it is back to speeds of 30 mbit down. With constant disconnects. This is an perpetual issue and has been ongoing since 10/28/2020. Like seriously??? Why??? Its already been ascertained that it's not a premise issue.

Like literally what the heck is going on at comcast?

I need my internet to work at night the same way it works in the day!!

Someone please help!

@ComcastJP @@ComcastJK @ComcastJC  Can one of you please provide some support for this issue?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Gigabit Internet is intermittent and very slow at night 10~30Mbps but works fine during the day!

I've also been getting slow internet issues the same as you. They had a system maintenance which can cause an interruption to your service. They began work on 11/12/2020 12:47 AM (Mountain) and my internet is now up by 6:00am.

I've also been getting around 30 mbps download after the maintenance with the Gigabit Internet plan.. I would love to have it restored up to its original speed as well... The upload seems to be unaffected and maintained a consistent 35-40 mbps. Just the download speed that is affected.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am in Pearland, TX. Xfinity did not report any outages, or maintenance via the app or tech support when I called. Also, since this has been consistently occurring since 10/28/2020 and magically resolved itself for 1 night....  it must be on Xfinity's side. Yet it seems like the people I have communicated with at Xfinity are dumbfounded and not sure of where to start.  

Also I am getting a whole lot more Uncorrected CM Errors than corrected across all downstream channels while the issue is occuring. The packet loss is in the 40% range. I have wayy more uncorrected CM errors (like millions more) then corrected. The real funny part is the SNR and Power levels stay perfect during the issues.