Community Forum

Gigabit Internet Ruined My Internet

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Gigabit Internet Ruined My Internet

In October when they announced the Gig internet in my area I immediatly called and ordered it.  I was already paying for 300mbs.  After they did the upgrade I started getting just under 400mbs down.  To make sure it was an issue on my end I bought a new Gig rated modem.  Still only got 400mbs down.  I called xfinity and they sent a tech out.  The tech climbed up my pole and then said the problem wasn't on my end, but was a problem with the wires on the poles, and that the maintenance team would have to check the wires on the poles leading to the pole at my house.  A few weeks later, having not heard from them again, my speeds dropped 90mbs down.  I recently managed to get comcast to send another tech out, who said the same thing as the first tech.  Once again, the problem isn't on my ends, that something is wrong with the wires some where and that the maintenance team would have to fix it.

Everytime I call support they claim their is no tickets open for me until I read them the ticket number.  They all claim they can't see anything the maintenance team is doing so they can never help there.  Most annoyling is that none of them believe me and they all want to reset my modem.  Every time I tell them, DO NOT reset my modem, my phone goes over wifi, and twice they have reset my modem anyway dropping my call.  They refuse to accept that it's not my modems fault even though we have two different techs on file saying it's not a problem on my end.

Xfinity support has been absolutely useless.  For two months I've paid for Gig speeds, getting half of that for part of one month and a 1/10th for the rest of it.

Regular Visitor

Re: Gigabit Internet Ruined My Internet

At this point I'm waiting for a manager to return my call so I can file a complaint.  This really shows that xfinity doesn't care at all about their customers.

Expert

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’m going to escalate your issue to a Comcast Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello trameathia, thanks for reaching out about this Gigabit concern and I would be more than happy to further assist you with this! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@trameathia, I did not hear back from you in our Private Message, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a Private Message if you still need assistance with this. If you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, please create a new Public post. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.