Community Forum

Gig Service on SB8200 - SNR/Error question

Regular Visitor

Gig Service on SB8200 - SNR/Error question

Long story short, my old SB6190 disconnected itself from Xfinity a few days ago and in the process of troubleshooting the problem I replaced it with an SB8200.  I was still unable to activate/connect, so a tech came out and determined that the drop line needed to be replaced. 

Now, with the new line waiting to be buried, I'm concerned with the SNR levels and corrected/uncorrected errors that I'm receiving.  In the event log, I also noticed a couple unicast maintenance T3 time outs which I understand may be okay (may happen once a day).   I just want to make sure I've got a solid connection before the line is buried, and I make the move to gig service.  Any thoughts?  Do I need a tech to come out again based on these readings?

image.pngimage.png

Expert

Re: Gig Service on SB8200 - SNR/Error question

Those stats are o/k. The SNR's are good. It's always a bit lower (the SNR) on the "other" DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM downstream channel. And only 2uncorrectable errors !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!