Community Forum

Gateway CGM4140COM WIFI settings greyed out

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Gateway CGM4140COM WIFI settings greyed out

When I go into my router (Gateway CGM4140COM) and try and edit any WIFI settings ssid name, password, etc it is impossible because everything is greyed out?  What is wrong?

greyed out.JPG

Expert

Re: Gateway CGM4140COM WIFI settings greyed out

You likely need to control things now using the Xfi app;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

No way to do it in my xfi app either.

Silver Problem Solver

Apparently if you use pods they decide what channel is best ect; but you can edit the SSID name and password in the xFi app.

In the app where it says "Gateway online and Secure" press on "view network details" then " edit wifi" top right.

Frequent Visitor

I have removed my pods and returned them to the Xfinity store (my devices never connected to them).  I have removed the pods via Xfi.  I can now edit my wifi settings through Xfi, but the ability to do the same through the gateway (accessed by 10.0.0.1) is still greyed out.  I should be able to have control of my router/gateway?  Is there a fix for this?  I am used to using my own equipment and setting things up the way that works best for me, so this is strange.

Silver Problem Solver

I'd try a quick 2 second press of the recessed reset button on the back of the device. Using a pen tip or similar. Give it plenty of time to come back up.

Failing that try a factory reset, press and hold the reset button around 30 secs. You will lose any settings and have to set it up again.

Official Employee

greeman3, did you get a chance to follow the steps that @Paraniod provided? Please let us know if that works! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!