Community Forum

GIG speed issues along with modem randomly rebooting XB6

Frequent Visitor

GIG speed issues along with modem randomly rebooting XB6

So i am about 1 month in of using the GIG speeds and well at first all was good... The modem randomly reboots doesn't matter the time of day the modem logs shows ZERO problems other then CM errorcodes flooding right now as we speak my max download speed will not go higher then 415 mbps,  my upload is within spec ... I have spent about 4 hrs chatting with comcast over the last couple days and they say everything looks fine.... When i owned my cm600 i never had these problems which leads me to think either my area cant support the speeds correctly or XB6 is complete trash... I have also noticed my OFDM channels seem odd compared to the rest or maybe thats how they operate comcast has zero info on this when i askInkedcomcast32_LI.jpgdoes 31 look correct? and the other OFDM channel?

Frequent Visitor

Re: GIG speed issues along with modem randomly rebooting XB6

Modem has reset itself again and still limited download speeds, man this forum is dead no no help the same has comcast customer service just one big circle jerk  http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JQOOD78G5NUUYTE

Expert

The signal levels you posted look fine.  Channel 31 is fine, there is a bug that displays a weird SNR value. The FEC errors are normal for that channel too. Your other OFDM is displaying normally too. 

Start here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/td-p/3145413...

If you need more help after that, let us know. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

wow someone reponded thanks you see that speedtest http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JQOOD78G5NUUYTE got worse  i am can not have this service randomly rebooting and losing speeds

Frequent Visitor

I really am stump other then swapping out the modem comcast isnt reporting any outages in my area my TV is working without issues i see, So either comcast has lemons for modems or bugged software  like i said these issues happened since the tech charged $60 install for gig

Frequent Visitor

Just a small update my speeds have returned finally as of last night... I am not 100% sure on this but i used my RF temp gun and this XB6 - T is hitting 121F  which is 17 degrees over its spec which is 104F at an idle of internet useage and in bridgemode so this could be the rebooting issue?  This modem is sitting on my night stand with nothing else around it and a room temp of 70... The fan does work thing almost feels like a small space heater... I hope this might help some people reading around because there are tons of reports and issues with both XB6 models...  

Silver Problem Solver

@HyperC wrote:

Just a small update my speeds have returned finally as of last night... I am not 100% sure on this but i used my RF temp gun and this XB6 - T is hitting 121F  which is 17 degrees over its spec which is 104F at an idle of internet useage and in bridgemode so this could be the rebooting issue?  This modem is sitting on my night stand with nothing else around it and a room temp of 70... The fan does work thing almost feels like a small space heater... I hope this might help some people reading around because there are tons of reports and issues with both XB6 models...  

Others have reported this and they replaced the gateway.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@HyperC wrote:

Just a small update my speeds have returned finally as of last night... I am not 100% sure on this but i used my RF temp gun and this XB6 - T is hitting 121F  which is 17 degrees over its spec which is 104F...... The fan does work thing almost feels like a small space heater... I hope this might help some people reading around because there are tons of reports and issues with both XB6 models...  

I actually have my XB6 sitting on a fan. I didn't measure the temps, but it gets very warm to the touch. Warm enough that I thought it would benefit from some external cooling. Heat is the enemy.

This is the fan if anyone else wants to do the same: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OWVUJ0/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yeah i would but my 1 and 2 yr olds would be playing with that fan that would be great for anyone else unless i relocate my modem... I was checking my logs with the modem rebooting and so far any day it hit 50F+ outside the modem has had issues could be heat and humidity related also... As of now the forecast for Chicago  shouldn't warm up anytime soon so if it doesn't reboot i can rest knowing its a over heating issue

Frequent Visitor

sorry I never saw this post some how thanks

Frequent Visitor

I love how comcast always claims zero issues but yet Always want to reboot your modem because all they know is the script they are handed , I replaced my modem, and relocated it 3 feet from the inside drop Inkedcomcast errors_LI.jpgInkedcomcast more errors_LI.jpg