Community Forum

Full list of approved modems/gateways available anywhere?

Regular Contributor

Full list of approved modems/gateways available anywhere?

I ask because a few years ago it seemed like there were dozens and dozens listed. Yet now the list in a stickied thread by Nerdburg shows a LOT less.

I ask because I bought a gateway (Hitron CGNM-2252) secondhand as a backup in case the issue with disconnects with my current gateway (SBG6580) are determined to be unable to be fixed to provide a steady, stable connection again without rewiring the whole house or resulting in me having to buy a whole new device.

I even do have another standalone modem I got from the same place a while ago and it was/is one of the approved Docsis 3.0 devices. But I really don't want to have to tweak settings between a separate modem and router AGAIN like I used to on DSL. When I asked about it a year or two ago at the local Xfinity store they told me it was approved and that I could use it on my account. So if all else fails I guess I'll have to use that and a separate router if this Hitron one isn't on the list of approved devices.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Full list of approved modems/gateways available anywhere?

Is this what you want?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Approved-Xfinity-Modems-and-Gateways/m-p/3109887

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

They do appear to have changed the site a little.

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

Selecting a speed of 60Mbps and pressing the "show more devices" link, bottom of the page. (86 devices). The only Hiltron device is a D3 4x4 device used for their pre-paid service. The Hiltron you refer to does not appear to be listed or approved.

Gold Problem Solver

@CheapestGamer wrote: I ask because a few years ago it seemed like there were dozens and dozens listed.

There is also http://mydeviceinfo.g.comcast.net/, but your Hitron model isn't listed there either. Buying used modems is risky, and buying modems not on the Approved list is a waste.

Expert

Perhaps you have a line / connection quality problem and not a modem issue ?

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? 

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)

• In the address bar, type: 192.168.0.1.
  • Enter Username*: admin.
  • Enter Password*: motorola.
  • Click Login.
  • Click on "Connection" / status

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Is this what you want?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Approved-Xfinity-Modems-and-Gateways/m-p/3109887

No. That's the list I was kind of shocked by the somewhat shortness of. I seem to recall a page with a LOT more options to it. I just want to know if the device I have now is suitable as a secondary option should my current gateway fail. I ask because the price I paid for it was very cheap and I'm not in the mood to pay $100+ for another gateway like I did for the SBG6580.

Regular Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

@CheapestGamer wrote: I ask because a few years ago it seemed like there were dozens and dozens listed.

There is also http://mydeviceinfo.g.comcast.net/, but your Hitron model isn't listed there either. Buying used modems is risky, and buying modems not on the Approved list is a waste.

I didn't pay much for either of the ones I have, whether the Hitron or the other one (Arris/Motorola). Though I would definitely rather be able to use the Hitron since it's a gateway like the one I have now as I had more than enough of dealing with tweaking multiple devices anytime there's an issue.

Regular Contributor

@EG wrote:

Perhaps you have a line / connection quality problem and not a modem issue ?

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? 

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)

• In the address bar, type: 192.168.0.1.
  • Enter Username*: admin.
  • Enter Password*: motorola.
  • Click Login.
  • Click on "Connection" / status

If it's a line or connection quality issue AGAIN then that'll be the third (or is it fourth?) time I've had to have someone come in and check things out. The last time they did they ran a new line straight to the modem from the road, bypassing the splitter for our cable line completely. They even ran in a second new line which they never capped off. Otherwise I'd have tried that line by now to see if maybe the newer one is causing the issues or something.

As it is though, over the past couple of days we haven't seen the interruptions. I did try posting my up and downstream power levels in the thread I made about our connection issues. But for some reason the image stayed really small, even though it's almost 1Mb in size.

Silver Problem Solver

@CheapestGamer wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Is this what you want?

No. That's the list I was kind of shocked by the somewhat shortness of. I seem to recall a page with a LOT more options to it. I just want to know if the device I have now is suitable as a secondary option should my current gateway fail. I ask because the price I paid for it was very cheap and I'm not in the mood to pay $100+ for another gateway like I did for the SBG6580.

My list is short because I have the Gigabit tier and there are only two devices that fit that tier with Phone.  If you expand the options on the left you get a larger list of options, but they might not work with your Plan.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!