Community Forum

Full Signal Strength But No Connection

Regular Visitor

Full Signal Strength But No Connection

I just started using an Xfinity gateway for the first time ever. I've always owned my own modem and router. But I thought I'd give the Xfinity gateway a chance.

The gateway actually has more signal strength than my old router, so that's good news!

But unfortunately, we're having connection issues. I want to be clear - wifi is not dropping. My iphone 7+ will have three full bars of wifi BUT NOTHING WILL LOAD. Ever. Sometimes turning my phone's wifi off and back on helps. Sometimes unplugging an Apple TV and making it restart will help. But every wifi device in my home is having this problem. Full wifi signal - but nothing will load.

My theories 1) The gateway is broken or programmed wrong. 2) My home has so many wifi devices that this Xfinity gateway can't handle it. I'm guessing the gateway doesn't know how to priortize wifi well and just isn't capable of sending data to all my wifi devices simulateanously.

I just contacted @comcastcares so hopefully they'll have some ideas. But if all else fails, I'll be buying a new modem and switching back to my Apple Time Capsule router.

Any suggestions are most welcome!!