Community Forum

Frustrated with bootfile

New Poster

Frustrated with bootfile

Hi there,

This is the second time im having to upgrade modems to reach a higher speed, just upgraded from 250MB to 1GB down, and I have the arris sb6190.

Tech on the phone stated that the bootfile for 1GB is not compatible with my modem hence why I'm only getting 89MB down currently, this is super depressing as my option now is to buy a brand new modem the SB8200 Smiley Sad

I don't understand if the SB6190 is marketed as able to take speeds of up to 1.4GB down..

Anyway to get the bootfile to work with it? 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Frustrated with bootfile

You will never get gig speeds with that modem. Comcast only delivers gig speeds with a DOCSIS 3.1 / OFDM channel capable modem.
Authorized Vendor

Re: Frustrated with bootfile

wrote:

Hi there,

Tech on the phone stated that the bootfile for 1GB is not compatible with my modem hence why I'm only getting 89MB down currently, this is super depressing as my option now is to buy a brand new modem the SB8200 Smiley Sad

EG is correct if you look at https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ you would see the 1Gig service can not be used on that modem per policy..   I know other MSO's do allow gig speeds on that modem but not Xfinity..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..