Community Forum

Frequent connection "pauses" on my home phone and internet

New Poster

Frequent connection "pauses" on my home phone and internet

I've had Xfinity internet for 8 years in my apartment. At the beginning of April 2019 (after the Comcast line was accidentally cut) I started to experience frequent pauses in my internet and home phone connection. For online gaming we get booted off the game, for phone calls from the land line (connected to the modem) I would not be able to hear the other person but I believe they can hear me and the same symptom is expressed when I am on my work Skype conference calls and my cell phone which uses wifi calling. I counted 15 pauses in a 30 min conference call. A Comcast tech has been out to test the line from my apartment to the backroom and he said the signal is acceptable, he replaced a splitter and all the coaxial cabling within the apartment, added a power amp (instead of the splitter), replaced the modem, I've also upgraded my service to 1 GB. The tech has been super helpful but has not be able to resolve my issue. He's involved a network engineer but they tell me the connect is not dropping (which is true) but they have not addressed the latency and packet loss. Help!