Community Forum

Free XFINITY WiFi hotspot access from April 12 - 19

Administrator

Free XFINITY WiFi hotspot access from April 12 - 19

Comcast will be opening up all XFINITY WiFi hotspots April 12 – 19 to everyone, including non-XFINITY Internet customers.

We know you may have some questions about how to access these hotspots and what this means, so here are some frequently asked questions. 

How long will the free access available?

The XFINITY WiFi hotspots will be opened by 9:00 AM EDT on April 12, 2017 and will stay open through 9:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2017.

What hotspots are included?

All hotspots owned and operated by Comcast.

Exact hotspot locations can be found at http://wifi.xfinity.com/#find-a-hotspot.

Our venue locations (e.g., Wells Fargo Center, SEPTA, Wawa, etc.) will continue to operate business as usual.

Does the free access to apply to both customers and on-customers?

Yes, anyone can access any of the XFINITY WiFi hotspots.

How does a user connect to the XFINITY WiFi hotspot?

1. Once at a hotspot, the user should select the xfinitywifi network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
  2. XFINITY Internet customers can sign in with their username and password, and will be automatically connected at XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the future.
  3. Non-XFINITY Internet customers should visit the “Not an XFINITY Internet Customer” / “I don’t have an XFINITY account” section on the sign-in page to get started.

a. Non-XFINITY Internet customers will need to enter their email address and zip code to start their complimentary session.
b. Non-XFINITY Internet customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours through 9:00 AM EDT, April 19, 2017.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Free XFINITY WiFi hotspot access from April 12 - 19

Are the hotspots secure? My phone says they are not.
Expert

http://wifi.xfinity.com/faq.php

Scroll down to "Is Xfinity WiFi Secure ?"

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

Some use "certs" with the phone app. And more are coming on line.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Do users have to renew passes or is it activated for week?
New Poster

I signed up for the scam of a life time.

CAUTION PEOPLE:
If you sign up for xfinity wifi 1-7-30 day pass, you will be AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED every time without your consent or knowledge until you finally find out about how the AUTOMATIC renewal button is activated.
So when you try to call to get refunded, they tell you either some BS about calling back in 48 hours and they'll fill out a report
And when you do decide to call back, they'll inform you you actually can't fill out reports for people without accounts with xfinity....

Xfinity is probably the worst internet and tv provider I've ever experienced in my 23 years of customer service. And that's compared to DirectTV and they're awful.
Official Employee

Hi Annalacek2. I understand your frustration. However, the auto renew is a working function of the website and it's is stated in the terms and agreement for the Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.