Community Forum

For Comcast Jessie in response to your post in the 'Unusually high data usage megathread' thread.

New Poster

For Comcast Jessie in response to your post in the 'Unusually high data usage megathread' thread.

Per ''Comcast Jessie's" post here: ComcastJessie'sPost I have concerns about what Comcast is reporting for my data usage.  I'll forego the September #'s and just say that today, October 1, 2019, Comcast is reporting on my Monthly Data Usage graph that I've used 40GB so far.  My own NetMeter monitor says 1.3 GB.  So I question Comcast Jessie's claim that "As of today, October 1st, 2019, the data meter tool is working as designed."  Unless it was designed to overstate by 3000% the actual usage.  All my efforts to get assistance have led to being told to call the Security Department and they're either way understaffed or just not answering their phones.  1 hour is my limit for a hold time.  Its unfortunate they don't have a 'leave your # and we'll call you back ' option.  So, Jessie, you claim if we post a message here y"our team can better assist your individual needs."  I look forward to finding out what that translates into in terms of real action.  Please let me know how I can provide you with personal contact information and, no, I'm not going to post my telephone # on this public forum.

My only consolation here is that many other people are experiencing the same issue.  That suggests to me that this really is a Comcast issue, not one of our exceeding our monthly allocation.

New Poster

Re: For Comcast Jessie in response to your post in the 'Unusually high data usage megathread' thread

same problem since september, already at 70gb with the modem only being on 2hours this month.

Frequent Visitor

Re: For Comcast Jessie in response to your post in the 'Unusually high data usage megathread' thread

You'd think if nothing else they'd tie the "unusually high call volume" issue to the "everyone is getting ruined by their data metering" issue but not so far!

Frequent Visitor

Yep, the meter is still not correct.  It's saying I used 50GB for October so far.