Community Forum

Firmware update, new router, or extender?

New Poster

Firmware update, new router, or extender?

I have a CISCO DPC3941T Router through Comcast, firmware DPC3941_3.3p19s1_PROD_sey . How can I tell the age of the router and if it needs to be replaced? How can I tell if I have the most recent firmware update?

I've been having trouble with slow wifi recently-- as in, for the past year my internet has been normal but over the past ~month I've been lagging in games, skype calls, or tv shows that I used to use routinely. My wifi shows full bars and speed tests seem fine, but the intermittent drops are a problem.

I have restarted the router several times without improvement. Do I need to replace the router? Update the firmware?

Expert

Re: Firmware update, new router, or extender?

The Comcast system automatically keeps it updated with the latest firmware load from the manufacturer. For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to it with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!