Community Forum

Fiber connection, Gig service, 250mb max rate: 2 service calls, 5 or 6 complaints, no fix!

New Poster

Fiber connection, Gig service, 250mb max rate: 2 service calls, 5 or 6 complaints, no fix!

I need to get someone's attention at Comcast.  I have been an Xfinity customer since 2012 and have generally had a good experience.  I moved to a new home (new home, new fiber lines to house) and I have had nothing but problems.  I cannot get downloads over 250mb consistently (sometimes 300, but it's not consistent). 

The first technician said it was a line issue, an engineer came out and speeds improved for about 2 weeks.  I have called 5 or 6 times now and a 2nd technician came out about 3 weeks ago.  He said it was my modem and gave me a brand new DB4.  We could still only connect at 250 mbs.  He said there was nothing else he could do and that internet speeds vary.  That was an unacceptable answer, so I told him to go.  I was so angry but I didn't want to lose my temper so I asked him to leave.  Keep in mind it is not my hardware.  I am plugged directly into the modem with a new Macbook Pro with a gigbit adapter and CAT6 cable. 

I am now on my third tech visit tomorrow. If my wife didn't love her shows (only available on Comcast), I would cancel and get my service elsewhere.  I know that Comcast has a horrible customer reputation, but this is truly beyond anything I have ever experienced.  Does anyone know how to escalate to their management?  I've called and received great lip service, but no action.  Any ideas?

Expert

Re: Fiber connection, Gig service, 250mb max rate: 2 service calls, 5 or 6 complaints, no fix!

Do you actually have an FTTP (fiber optic cable) connection with their Gigabit Plus (2 gig x 2 gig) service ? Or do you just have their Gigabit service (1 gig x 35) via a DOCSIS coax cable connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Fiber connection, Gig service, 250mb max rate: 2 service calls, 5 or 6 complaints, no fix!

Hello, MileHighZ. 

I can help you out. I want to help improve your experience and get the internet issue he fixed. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Uh they never answered my question.. Hope they answer you.....

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.