Failing to Connect to 'XFINITY' Secure HotSpot

Running:

Samsung Galaxy S7

Version 8.0.0

Verizon Wireless is my mobile carrier

Xfinity Plan:

PERFORMANCE PLUS
Internet Performance Plus

I downloaded 'Xfinity WiFi Hotspots'. I want to connect securely to a hotspot, such as 'XFINITY'.

I have followed the directions of darkangelic here without luck:

I have only tried 1 hotspot location-so I'm assuming that 'XFINITY' is in fact Xfinity's network. It seems that the 'CA Certificate' step is tripping me up. I do not see a domain field for 'Use System Certificates' as suggested in this thread, so I can not enter 'secure.aaa.wifi.comcast.com':

Ultimately the 'Connect' button is greyed out so I cannot proceed. Any help is much appreciated!

Official Employee

Re: Failing to Connect to 'XFINITY' Secure HotSpot

Hello, drewberz! I am glad that you reached out to us with your concern.

I would be more than happy to help you troubleshoot so you can connect to the secure network. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the input fields you are seeing so we have a better idea of what options are available to you? I also see it has been a few days since you left this message. Have you had the opportunity since then to try connecting to an alternative secure hotspot with any luck? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

hi tambrey

here are some screenshots. there are only 2 options available for me under 'CA certificate' field. they are 'Select certificate' and 'Don't validate'. obviously i want to validate so the connection is secure. i have the 'Xfinity WiFi Hotspots' app. i expanded the options with 'Show advanced options' but did not select any of the expanded options. 

photo_1of4.jpgphoto_2of4.jpgphoto_3of4.jpgphoto_4of.jpg

i have not tried any alternative hotspots.

thank you!

Official Employee

drewberz, I really appreciate you taking the time to provide these screenshots! 

I would like to have this issue investigated further.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so we can get this looked into. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I also cannot connect to secure XFINITY hotspots. I get the message "Unable to Connect to XFINITY". I've spent  at least 4 hours with Xfinity: chat line, in the store, and on the telephone. I've been given multiple "reasons" for the failure to connect, none of which turned out to be valid, such as my software is out of date (not true), I need to reset my network (did it twice), my sim card was "switched" with my daughter's (not true),...

Eventually, the phone agent just disconnected me in mid sentence.

Official Employee

Hello, waylandr! Thanks for reaching out here and letting us know you are also having troubles with this. I'm looking to get this issue escalated further and would love it if you could send me a private message with your first and last name so we have another contact point while we work on repairs. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Regular Visitor

wayland, I was told by Tambrey that at least for me, it may be an issue of the certificate not being pushed to my Android device. I am awaiting confirmation and further instruction.
Official Employee

Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to quickly update everyone here that our teams are currently researching this issue and are looking for additional examples or customers experiencing the same issue.

If anyone here is using an Android device and are unable to connect to the XFINITY wifi secure hotspots due to the CA Certificate during setup, please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can forward your experience to our investigative teams. 

Official Employee

Hello, all. 

I just wanted to let you know that the ticket is still open and being worked on. Thank you all for your ongoing patience while we work to get this resolved.

Regular Visitor

Is there a solution yet? I STILL can't connect.

Some one please let us know what is going on!