Community Forum

Extremely Slow Upload speed

Regular Visitor

Extremely Slow Upload speed

I have been working through an extremely slow upload speed since Aug 2.  I have 150/10, and had been fairly close to that for most of the past year.  

A few months ago, I had the home run to the house replaced as signal was becoming an issue.  The technician diagnosed the issue and replaced the run, issue was fixed and speed was back to normal.

Suddenly late July through Aug 2, the system began experiencing a speed downgrade with no changes to anything in the house or configuration.  The upload speed dropped from the 20's to .7 and has been between .7-1.1 for almost all of August and now September.  I called several times and finally a technician was sent.  I had already looked at the channels in the modem and done a host of diagnostics on my side.

He arrived yesterday 9/16, and replaced the modem, tested again.  He asked that I call later in the day if the issue was still occurring (give it 6 hours).  The issue was still occurring, no matter the placement of the device (upstairs or downstairs where the X1 is).  

I called back and was told, that 2 seperate tickets were opened on Upload speed.  But that there was no information and no timeline for fix.

After 1.5 months of dealing with this, I'm very upset.  Any help is appreciated.

Expert

Re: Extremely Slow Upload speed

Hi @jpm0957

I see another expert already escalated your post so an employee will help you. 

If you would like help from the community: Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Extremely Slow Upload speed

Hi, jpm0957. Welcome! Thanks for posting and creating your own thread, that is appreciated!

It's frustrating to hear about the upload issue that came back, I'd like to help you out with it. Please send me a private message with your name and I will continue to help from there. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!