Community Forum

Extremely Slow Upload Speeds - Intermittent

New Poster

Extremely Slow Upload Speeds - Intermittent

I've been on the phone off and on with Xfinity Customer Service (usually outside of normal business hours... when I'm actually home and using the internet) trying to resolve periods of abysmal upload speeds - I'm talking less than 500 kB/sec... yes, as in 0.5 MB/sec. I have BlastPro! and should be getting around 10 MB upload. The problem isn't constant; I notice it around 10 PM and lasts for anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. My download speeds are generally unaffected (still 250 MB/sec.). Today I called during regular hours and the agent couldn't offer any insight and wouldn't escalate the matter... kept insisting it must be a connection or hardware problem. I've had a technician come out and replace my splitter and Gateway. No resolution.  Please help.

Official Employee

Re: Extremely Slow Upload Speeds - Intermittent

Hi there, HTXOllieGuy. Welcome to the community. Thank you for posting and for choosing to reach out via this method of support. We are glad to have you! It's frustrating to hear about your internet troubles. I will be glad to step in and work with you on this. Can you post your modem's stats/event log here for us please? If you'd like to reference this helpful link, you can do so here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Xfinity-Internet-Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p.... Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Extremely Slow Upload Speeds - Intermittent

Hi, HTXOllieGuy. I just wanted to check in with you about this. Are you still with us?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!