Community Forum

Extremely High Ping in game

New Poster

Extremely High Ping in game

Hello All,

I am experincing extremely high ping at my new apartment in all online games that I play.  This makes games that require precise skill shots nearly impossible to play. Online gaming is a big part of what I like to do online and I cannot understand why I am having these issues.

I have attached photos of both my upstream and downstream from modem.

Any insight would be appreciated.modem 1.PNGModem 2.PNG

Expert

Re: Extremely High Ping in game

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Expert

Please also post the modem's RF error / event log entries.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

RF/LOG 

https://imgur.com/a/J3juclE

@EG wrote:

Please also post the modem's RF error / event log entries.

Expert

I see entries from August. Are there any that are more recent ? 

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

New Poster

This is my entire log to date, you will see at the bottom the last event was yesterday.

Expert

Did you try the test ?

New Poster

Is this the test?

https://imgur.com/a/yhyOxY4

Highlighted
Expert

No. I'm talking about the test that I suggested that you try;

"Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?"

New Poster

@EG

I only use hardline ethernet