Just upgraded to Extreme Pro - only getting ~ 58 Mbps when etherneted directly to the gateway. Have tried all the normal things.
Used to have Blast which was only ever ~ 40 Mbps
Gateway is Cisco DPC3941T
Not sure what else to try?
Went through both of these (Attaching upstream/downstream info)
Post the requested info from here;
This may not be the root cause of the problem, but it should be addressed nevertheless as it may be a problem just waiting to happen.
The upstream power is on the high side and it may be intermittently fluctuating even higher to out of spec levels. That can cause random disconnects, spontaneous re-booting of the modem, and speed and latency problems.
In a self troubleshooting effort to try to obtain better connectivity / more wiggle room, check to see if there are there any excess/unneeded coax cable splitters in the line leading to the modem that can be eliminated/re-configured. Any splitters that remain should be high quality and cable rated for 5-1002 MHz, bi-directional, and no gold colored garbage types like GE, RadioShack, RCA, Philips, Leviton, Magnavox, and Rocketfish from big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Wal-Mart etc. Splitters should be swapped with known to be good / new ones to test
If there aren't any unneeded splitters that can be eliminated and if your coax wiring setup can't be reconfigured so that there is a single two way splitter connected directly off of the drop from the street/pole with one port feeding the modem and the other port feeding the rest of the house/equipment with additional splits as needed, and you've checked all the wiring and fittings for integrity and tightness and refresh them by taking them apart then check for and clean off any corrosion / oxidation on the center wire and put them back together again, then perhaps it's best to book a tech visit to investigate and correct.
Tech was just out last week to fix two tvs that would not work, line was cut (probably by the yard crew) He spliced that line back together.
He replaced the splitter so assume it's a higher quality one.
I did not think to test the speed while he was here (that would be too logical)
It does drop randomly for short periods ( a couple times a day)
Hi Comcast Andrew,
I'm not sure actually, you would think that would be easy to ascertain, the maximum speed that the nic can handle. I cannot seem to find that online anywhere.
It is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, i5 7200 U 2.5GHz CPU, HP Pavilion laptop, 2-3 years old.
I updated the following settings, but still the same.
Auto Disable Gigabit = Disabled
Gigabit Lite = Disabled
Green Ethernet = Disabled
Speed & Duplex = 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex
Mobiles via 5 GHz wi fi, next to the gateway
Galaxy S6 - 80-135 Mbps
iPhone 7 - 250-350 Mbps
iPhone 8 - 400+ Mbps
Try swapping the ethernet cable, you are showing a link speed of 100Mbps, should be 1.0 Gb.
Failing that try updating the NIC driver.
Wow, yep, bad cable, now 400+ Mbps via Ethernet
Strangely, on wifi, same wifi that gives the good speed above on our mobiles, on this laptop never get > 50Mbps
Not all wireless cards are equal, you could try tweaking a few settings on the card, wireless N only ect; look for a compatable upgraded internal card or try a USB ac wireless device.
Updated the driver, althrough it lists n support in the dialogue header below, I don't see n or n only as an option in the "Wireless Mode" Property