Community Forum

Extreme 400 tier upload speed

Frequent Visitor

Extreme 400 tier upload speed

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year !

Can anyone tell me what would be the upload speed for the Extreme 400 tier ?

We have been on the Blast tier for several years and used to get consistency 250-265Mbps down and 10-11Mbps up. We have ARRIS SB6141 modem and Netgear (R7000) Nighthawk AC1900 router.

We just upgraded to Extreme 400 tier last week. However, we still only can get around 250-265Mbps down and 5-6Mbps up. So, basically, the upload speed was decreased in half with a higher internet pakage. 

Comcast support staff explained that the download speed still stay the same because my current modem would not support the download speed of the Extreme 400 tier so I already bought a new modem (ARRIS SB6190). I hope I can get the download speed I pay for when I receive and activate my new modem. 

For now, I am just questioning about the upload speed I am getting. Is the upload speed for the Extreme 400 tier supposed to be greater than the Blast tier, isn't it ?

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Extreme 400 tier upload speed

10 Mbps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

The download speed is around 250-255Mbps for a the last couple days. However, the upload speed is still to stay at just about 6Mbps. I am not sure if this is due to the new upgrade to Extreme tier and keep using the Arris SB6141 that caused the decreasing in upload speed. I am still waiting for my Arris SB6190 to arrive and hope it will fix this issue.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi khanh78. Thanks for posting on our Forum. Have you received and tested your new modem? If you need support with troubleshooting your internet speed issues I can help. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I just received my new modem (Arris SB6190) this afternoon. I tried to go through the self-activation process to activate it but it failed. I then called Comcast customer sirvice and spent almost an hour with the staff but she also was not able to activate/add the new modem to my account. Something in her end that prevent her to sucessfully activating/adding the new modem. She called some one to get help with this issue but the office was closed so she suggested me to call back again tommorow morning and they will help to fix it. For now, I need to plug back my old modem to use for tonight.

Thanks.