Community Forum

ERROR: Unknown Model()!

Regular Visitor

ERROR: Unknown Model()!

I can't access my router settings due to this error: "ERROR: Unknown Model()!"

This is the second time within a couple of months that I've seen this error. The first time I performed a factory reset and resolved the issue. Why is this happening again, and can I get into my router settings again without having to perform another factory reset?

Valued Contributor

Re: ERROR: Unknown Model()!

What make/model router/device do you have?  How are you trying to  access it?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Hey @droymac ,

Seems to be a firmware issue would you mind giving us specifics on your make and model of the equipment in question?

Thanks,

call_me_senpai_

Regular Visitor

Arris, model TG862G/CT. See attached photo.

router.jpghardware

Expert

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

Are you trying to access the gateway's User Interface pages locally on your LAN using http://10.0.0.1, or are you trying to access the online U.I. ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Image of router: https://bit.ly/2O9Mdpi

I’m attempting access via 10.0.0.1

Tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
New Poster

I would attempt to factory reset the modem its self and what is your speed tier?

Regular Visitor

I was hoping to not have to do another reset. I've ordered a gateway upgrade that will arrive in the next few days. Hopefully with the updated device I won't have this issue any more.

New Poster

Ah the xb6 the silver one?

Expert

@droymac wrote:
Image of router: https://bit.ly/2O9Mdpi

A pic of the device is unhelpful, sorry.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

while a picture of the device wasnt effective. Yet he did inform us that he was upgrading modem to a xb6 which would solve his issue in question

Highlighted
Expert

Maybe, maybe not.

Valued Contributor

And he said he ordered a 'gateway upgrade' but doesn't specify a model number.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

Hi @droymac

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you got the new modem and whether or not swapping the modem helped resolved your issue?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.