Community Forum

Dynamic Range Window Violation

Regular Visitor

Dynamic Range Window Violation

I have had an issue with connectivity for a while now. Some days it is not there at all, while others it is nearly impossible to maintain a stable connection and load websites or play games. I decided to do some investigating, so I went into the logs of my modem. Please note that my modem is a netgear cm1000, connected to a google wifi hub acting as the router.

Logs

Downstream

Upstream

Expert

Re: Dynamic Range Window Violation

Please post the upstream power level numbers as well .

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I will as soon as I get home.

Regular Visitor

Here is the upstream info.

Upstream

Expert

The power levels and the SNR's look o/k at that snapshot in time. For a test, does the same thing happen with a computer directly connected to the CM1000 modem ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@EG 

@EG wrote:

The power levels and the SNR's look o/k at that snapshot in time. For a test, does the same thing happen with a computer directly connected to the CM1000 modem ?

I have tested it previously and it has had the same connectivity issues. Also please note that the upstream screenshots were taken today, and I have had no connectivity issues today. As I said it is a very on/off thing. I currently have my comptuer connected through ethernet to the google wifi, which is directly connected to the cm1000. I will try to connect the ethernet directly to the cm1000 when I am having connection issues; the only unfortunate thing is the cm1000 only has 1 ethernet slot, so it is either direction connection to it w/ no wifi to the rest of the house, or connecting to it via ethernet through the google wifi. Please note that the connectivity issues happen both when connected through wifi, and ethernet, and through multiple devices. 

Expert

O/k well the error log entries indicate that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Official Employee

Hi BrianR1, apologies for the issues you are experiencing with your service,  I would like to review signals further on my side for you.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi BrianR1,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.