Community Forum

Dropping internet with Xfinity and Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600

Frequent Visitor

Dropping internet with Xfinity and Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600

Hello

I am having issues with my internet.  I have used my motorola modem for years with no issues when I was renting.  I bought a home and moved in about 2 months ago.  Since I moved it, it kept loosing wifi and would randomly drop the connections and reconnect. The internet was also exremely slow.  

I upgraded to the Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600.  I was still having issues so comcast sent a tech to my house.  My internet speeds for the Blast should have been 150 mbps but were under 1 mbps.   

When the tech was there, he had to replace the line coming from the line to the house.  He said he the line was not grounded and that is what probably shorted out my motorola modem and why my signal was dropping constantly.  He checked the speed and it was performing within range.  When he was getting ready to leave, he said my signal was having trouble getting started, but once it did - it would get to speed.  He also said I was getting someone elses Xfinity box on my account - so he put a filter on my line to block that.  

The service worked great for a few days.  I was able to watch TV and use my phone or tablet at the same time.  

Since then, over the past 2 weeks - my signal has started to drop randomly.  If I am streaming youtube, netflix, or the xfinity stream app - it will work ok.  But if I start to use my samsung phone or my ipad, the internet will randomly cut out for anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes.   The signal comes back, but it just drops on both the roku TV and my phone/tablet device.  I really only use these 3 devices to connect to the internet and it can be frustrating how it just randomly happens.  Sometimes it may be once an hour.  Other times 5 times an hour.  

It sounds similar to what this post says - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/10-30-internet-outages-daily-at-new-apartment/td-p/3...

Below are my images to maybe help figure this out.  I am not sure about the power settings or such.  My modem should have the latest firmware from Comcast and it is all default settings.  I tried to reset myself and also tried calling the comcast line to reboot the connection.  

Hope someone can help fix this!  

image001.png
image002.pngimage003.pngimage004.pngimage006.pngimage007.pngimage008.pngimage009.pngimage010.pngThanks

Expert

Re: Dropping internet with Xfinity and Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600

The SNR is borked / too low on downstream channels 8 & 9 and the error log entries indicate that something is going on with the modem's connection quality with the Comcast system. I would get the techs re-involved until it is fixed properly. Good luck !!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

It was doing it again last night.  I guess I was expecting Comcast to respond and try to troubleshoot. 

I am not sure of the time frame on these forums since I see comcast replying to other threads but not mine. 

Expert

It can't be fixed remotely. It takes a "boots on the ground" intervention. Call in for another tech visit. Keep on them until it is fixed properly !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I’m still having issues with this.  No one from xfinity has replied to this thread.  

What at can I tell them to fix this.  They keep saying reboot.  I try that and this is annoying. 

What should the numbers be that I am looking for?

PNG image.png

Frequent Visitor

Called and was able to discuss the SNR issue.  

They are sending out an outside team followed by a team inside.  

This is tonights SNR before the reset.  

64B0B64D-D1D2-421F-8331-07F38F1DE119.png
Expert

As was stated, you need a physical intervention. Post back with how things go.

Frequent Visitor

Just one from last night then another from the past 24 hours. It was pretty bad last night.  Just keep posting these. 

Hopefully when they come it can be fixed.  

66B77BCB-5FFC-4628-95DB-30C55F27A050.jpeg829391BF-B726-43B6-8FA0-C05E4D08412E.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The tech came today.  I thought the issue was fixed since it was new wire all the way from the pole to the modem and the SNR looked better.  But after he left, the internet is still disconnecting/reconnecting. 

To recap - The first time xfinity came, they replaced the line two weeks ago from the telephone pole to the outside house box.  They also put a mocha connector inside the house.  

Today xfinity inspected the outdoor line again and found no issue.  He also replaced some rg 59 cable. I now have one line with rg 6 coming from the outside house box all the way to the x1 box and the cable modem.   The line is maybe 20 to 25 feet. 

My modem is a new netgear ac 1600 cable modem that xfinity supports. But I own the modem. 

Looking at the logs, the SNR does looks better.  It’s all close to 40.   There is a log from 6 pm and a log from 10 pm. No uncorrectables this time in 4 hours. 

When end I look at the errors, there are t3 issues.  What else can be done to fix this??  What causes t3 issues. 

Why is there no official Comcast employee helping me or to mediate????

PNG image 6.pngPNG image 9.pngPNG image 7.pngPNG image 6.png

Frequent Visitor

Still doing this t3 error....

so frustrating.....

1F6C7AAE-567D-4B74-88FF-E94D048E0BC4.pngECF17615-4624-47A3-9D63-91C32ECEFFF0.png

Expert

I'm going to escalate your ongoing issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. Expect a response here in your thread.

Official Employee

fgcusabre, thank you for reaching out. I just responded back to your PM. Please get back to me there when you can! Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I responded in private message as well.  

I honestly have been frustrated no one else responded sooner.  

The tech came here on 4/17.  The tech made sure that the line was good from the pole to the house. That was replaced last time the tech was here on 3/27. He also replaced a portion of the line from the house to the television/modem outside. I just have one line going to the living room.  After he left I started having the t3 errors on 4/17 and 4/18.    

Checking my modem log I had no issues on 4/19.  But I did have some today 4/20 while I was sleeping around 4 am. It has improved over the past 2 days compared to before though. 

Is is there a reason why it was so bad after the tech left for a full 24 hours?  What would cause those errors at 4 am?  I’m kind of concerned they will just reappear.  I have not been home much yesterday or today so I will keep an eye on it.  

Is is there anything I can do to ensure this is resolved completely?  This has been a long frustrating time.  

392990A5-7AD1-4671-9054-0265A8381A12.png4AF081D0-CC0E-4F22-841D-0BE2CE86C1EB.png

Official Employee

Thank you, fgcusabre! I just responded back to you in a PM. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.