Community Forum

Dropped iPhone calls on Wifi

New Poster

Dropped iPhone calls on Wifi

Our iPhones repeatedly and frequently drop calls when doing wifi calling uxing our Xfinity internet service at our home. Is there any protocol we can follow to troubleshoot this or to see if the problem is the internet service or the modem from Xfinity/Comcast? The rest of the system is as follows -- We have a LinkSys Linksys EA7300 MAX-STREAM™ AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit WiFi Router. I had numerous calls with LinkSys and we have tried everything with the router and they think it works perfectly.  They asked if the problem might be with Comcast/Xfinity? I have an iPhone 8 and my mobile carrier is Verizon; my wife has an iPhone 7 (recently replaced) and her mobile carrier is AT&T.  My wife has more dropped calls, but I have had plenty too, so my guess is she has more dropped calls only because she is home more and makes more calls. Help?? Any troubleshooting that might work?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Dropped iPhone calls on Wifi

@Tyler2019 wrote:

They asked if the problem might be with Comcast/Xfinity?

That's highly unlikely, unless you're seeing issues with video streaming, gaming or VOIP telephony as well. 

@Tyler2019 wrote:

My wife has more dropped calls, but I have had plenty too, so my guess is she has more dropped calls only because she is home more and makes more calls. Help?? Any troubleshooting that might work?

• Try disabling WiFi calling on each phone and see if the problems persist. 
  • If your router uses separate 2.4GHz and 5Ghz bands, give them both the same SSID name to allow seamless connectivity. If that doesn't work, give them different names and connect to each one to test WiFI calling. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!