Community Forum

Dropped Packets Every Night

Highlighted
New Poster

Dropped Packets Every Night

Hello!

I am going to start with some background: 

Roughly a month ago, we started experiencing slow speeds. This was roughly around... July 16th or so. The call is on the logs. From there a technician came out, and all he said was, I quote "Oh today someone replaced your node. You should be fine." 

The next day we started experiencing packet loss. Anywhere from %10 up to %50. This was with our own modem and router. It is also intermittent packet loss. It will be fine, then lose packets, back to fine, back to losing packets. From there they sent another technician out. 

Technician two checked the lines, and said they were fine by plugging it into something. At that time there was no packet loss, as it is intermittent. He then said it was probably my equipment. I went to a store and purchased my own modem, plugged it in, it still was getting packet loss. Another tech was dispatched. 

Tech 3 checked all of the lines, again no problem because it is random and intermittent. He then left a Comcast modem and we tried that. Still the modem loses packets, and we still have that one plugged in today. I then called into Comcast and what they stated was that our downstream is being interrupted, and all of the channels are in the red. There is a "noise disrupting the node", and they opened a ticket and said they had to dispatch another tech. 

Tech 4 came out and replaced every line going from the pole to the house. Again, this did not fix the issue as it is not an issue with the wiring or the equipment inside of the house. It is an issue from somewhere that is not the house, and there is "noise interference". I was then told my issue would be escalated. 

I called back in again on Thursday of this week because the speeds were abysmal. I was then told another tech would have to come out. He called me this morning and said he spoke with his coworker about the problem, and it needs to be referred to an RTM, or something along those lines. Fast forward to now, where I can barely post this message as we are speaking as I was losing roughly %30 packets. I called in again for someone to tell me that another tech would have to come out. I am getting tired of having to take off time from work to have a tech come out, that cannot physically do anything because the problem is not in my house. I would like some assistance please as it has been a month and a half of paying for service I cannot use without interruption. I have also had to pay for a modem from Comcast now as they claimed it was our equipment, when it was not. 

I look forward to a response as your customer service associates over the phone do not know anything about Internet repair, nor would they transfer me to my open ticket with advanced repair per my request. 

Thank you, 

Expert

Re: Dropped Packets Every Night

I'm going to try referring your ongoing issue to the resident "Experts" here who can then escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you so much. I Just am tired of hearing the same old "We need to send out a tech", when obviously that's not the issue. I appreciate it. 

Expert

Hi @michigan245

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you I did not know that. I really appreciate you letting someone know. I will await a response and hope something gets done. I’ve gone a little crazy trying to fix this haha.
Official Employee

Hi, michigan245 - I can check what is going on with the node in your area. Please send me a private message with your full name and account holder's name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.