Community Forum

Download speeds inconsistent but upload good

New Poster

Download speeds inconsistent but upload good

Installed a new Motorola MB7621 (dumped the ARRIS SB6190) connected to an Asus RT-AC66R through CAT 5e/6 in the house.

DL speed good initially in the 90Mbps range on a 105Mbps plan. Motorola shows all DL channels good with zero corrected/uncorrected. However, after a while get major discrepancies on channel 20 for corrected/uncorrected and speed drops to 30Mbps. If I reboot, I get the speed back for a bit then it slows again.

Obviously a connection problem, but "where" is the challenge. The ISP line connects to a grounded splitter that has two cables one of which goes to the modem and the other to cables that are no longer used in the house as we do not have cable TV. Should I try a grounded single port coax to see if that cuts down on noise?

Expert

Re: Download speeds inconsistent but upload good

Can we please see the signal stats. 

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Post the RF error / event log entries as well.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!