Community Forum

Download speeds drop below 1mbps after 3am

New Poster

Download speeds drop below 1mbps after 3am

I am seeing a reoccurring issue that seems to be happening nightly between the hours of 2:30 and 5am. My download speeds will sudden take a nose dive below dial up speeds for no apparent reason.

Upload speeds will hang out around 10mbps while download dropped as low as 0.08. It's so bad I can't even use the speed test recommended by Xfinity techs via chat. It simply doesn't load.

I spent over an hour with 4 different techs the other night to no avail.

I have powered down router and modem. I have reset both. I have done a power cycle on both with my tower. Mind you, this is a direct wired connection. Not wireless.

During 'normal' hours everything seems to work fine. Just those few hours (which happen to fall right in the middle of my prime usage) does everything give up.

Apart from having a tech come out to blame my equipment (owned, not renting) are there any suggestions for a fix?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Download speeds drop below 1mbps after 3am

Start here: Troubleshooting Guide 

If you haven't already, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!