Community Forum

Download Speed Limited to 325 Mbps alltough subscribed to 1GBs Plan

Guhonda
New Poster

Download Speed Limited to 325 Mbps alltough subscribed to 1GBs Plan

Hi,

I have recently changed my plan to 1 GIG and would expect something close to this download speed.

I only get up a max of 326 Mbps download speed when directly wired from the COMCAST Modem to the MAC.

The max upload speed is 20 Mbps.

After several calls with COMCAST to check into this they have not been able to resolve this and 

confirmed that my modem should be able to provide these speeds and we have reset the modem and tested it numerous times.

I was told to exchange the modem and the splitter and/or wires - but - due to COVID, no technician would be able to come out. 

Could the speed limitation be due to a wrong splitter?

I see it has -7dB. Most other splitters I saw had -3.5dB.

Can the splitter be the cause? Should this be -3.5 dB?

Thanks for any feedback and help.  

IMG_8485.jpg

makah21
New Poster

Re: Download Speed Limited to 325 Mbps alltough subscribed to 1GBs Plan

Seems their is a lot of complain,t of slower then advertised speeds. Highly doubt it is on your side. Im getting 100mb and used to get 200mb a couple of months ago. And now im on 300mb with still only a 100mb. reset everthing on my side made calls. Internet is overwhelmed and guess who is paying for it. Us. literally.

Guhonda
New Poster

Re: Download Speed Limited to 325 Mbps alltough subscribed to 1GBs Plan

Thanks for the reply.<br>I guess companies think we are at their mercy. Hiding behind automated BOT customer service responses spending hours on the phone - only to get to talk to a Human by tricking the system and selecting ‘SALES’ ... after countless attempts and at least 10 automated Modem resets being connected to a PERSON who remotely reset and incapacitated my modem - AGAIN (which was working OK - except not providing the speed I pay for) and told me that she ‘did not do anything’. My modem went literally dead - without me touching it . Guess what she told me - ‘I did not do anything - but my computer just did it’s thing.’
No words - will change provider after COVID if COMCAST does not take care of me....