Community Forum

Download Speed Dropped after moving and having my modem reset to default

New Poster

Download Speed Dropped after moving and having my modem reset to default

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing great. I just need some tech help with an issue that started happening about 2 weeks ago. I have had Comcast for about 2 years now and it has been working great. No issues at all. However, a year ago I decided to buy an Arris SBG6700-AC to stop paying for Comcast modem. When I first set it up, I noticed that my download speed was a lot slower than it should be, so I did some Google research and found a post that had some recommended tweaks and setting to that modem that made it work 100% fine, I was getting the speed I was paying for (150 Mbps).

However, I moved to a new apartment 2 weeks ago and Comcast required a technician to come home to set everything up. He asked me for my modem and I gave it to him, so I just let him do his thing for a while until he finished and told me he had to hard reset my modem because it wasn't receiving any signal. I immediately knew that the same problem that I had before was going to happen, my download speed was going to be slow and I had to set everything up again. But the problem is... I don't remember what changes I made and I can't find the thread that has the recommended settings that I followed. As of right now, I have tried changing the wireless security mode as it is explained on some posts online, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. Also, I'm right next to the modem, so a weak signal is not the issue. Could someone please help me with this? If more information is required from me, please let me know. I'll add some screenshots for reference:

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Download Speed Dropped after moving and having my modem reset to default

Can't see your pictures.  Are you signed in to the forum?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Download Speed Dropped after moving and having my modem reset to default

@TacoBeast wrote:

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing great. I just need some tech help with an issue that started happening about 2 weeks ago. I have had Comcast for about 2 years now and it has been working great. No issues at all. However, a year ago I decided to buy an Arris SBG6700-AC to stop paying for Comcast modem. When I first set it up, I noticed that my download speed was a lot slower than it should be, so I did some Google research and found a post that had some recommended tweaks and setting to that modem that made it work 100% fine, I was getting the speed I was paying for (150 Mbps).

However, I moved to a new apartment 2 weeks ago and Comcast required a technician to come home to set everything up. He asked me for my modem and I gave it to him, so I just let him do his thing for a while until he finished and told me he had to hard reset my modem because it wasn't receiving any signal. I immediately knew that the same problem that I had before was going to happen, my download speed was going to be slow and I had to set everything up again. But the problem is... I don't remember what changes I made and I can't find the thread that has the recommended settings that I followed. As of right now, I have tried changing the wireless security mode as it is explained on some posts online, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all. Also, I'm right next to the modem, so a weak signal is not the issue. Could someone please help me with this? If more information is required from me, please let me know. I'll add some screenshots for reference:

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

If they weren't "signed in", they couldn't post at all.......

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!