Community Forum

Double NAT/Customer Service

New Poster

Double NAT/Customer Service

I don’t understand. I pay all this $ and my internet hasn’t worked for over a month now. I cannot play Xbox because I have a Double NAT it says. I’ve reset, restarted, changed and fixed every setting on Xbox and on my router, nothing helps. I was on a call with another Xfinity person for 3 hours, and multiple others for many more hours, and they said there was nothing they could do. My internet speed is “very fast” or “the best possible” but yet I can’t play. I get on, maybe play for 1 minute max, then get kicked offline, and get told I have a Double NAT, reload it. I have an Open NAT, same thing happens. Only Xbox requires NAT, not PC, and not mobile. I’ve talked to multiple Xbox Experts and they say that you guys are sharing my IP with another customer to cut costs? If it’s not that I need to know what it is.

Customer service by Xfinity is horrible and probably the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s such a waste of valuable time trying to deal with these people. The chat option is left untouched and the queue is forever. The assistance bot is trash, and if I call them, I either can’t understand them, or they don’t know where to start when it comes to fixing the issue. You do not start a company if you don’t know how to solve your customers problems or at least try to help them. If it’s so hard to put money into real people who know what they are talking about, make the bot a little better please.
Expert

Re: Double NAT/Customer Service

Are you using a separate / stand-alone router hung off of a combo Comcast supplied gateway device that is not in bridge mode ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No I’m not
Expert

Describe in detail your network equipment / setup / topology. Include all makes and model numbers.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@jsiverd wrote:
 I’ve talked to multiple Xbox Experts and they say that you guys are sharing my IP with another customer to cut costs? If it’s not that I need to know what it is.

Just need to add, no offical XBox representative worth their salt would tell you this nonsense. You can't have the same public IP on two different devices, that's like two different homes sharing the same mailing address.