Community Forum

Do the "two courtesy months" for exceeding data cap ever reset?

New Poster

Do the "two courtesy months" for exceeding data cap ever reset?

Just switched over from always being on an unmetered connection before so I'll have to get in the habit of keeping an eye on that.  Though 1024GB is probably way more than I use in a typical month anyway, but wouldn't be surprised if on some exceptional circumstance I wound up going over here and there.  So was wondering, are those two months two months for your entire lifetime as a customer that you will never get back, or does it eventually reset once per year, or once you renew your contract, or on some other interval?

Expert

Re: Do the "two courtesy months" for exceeding data cap ever reset?

Twelve months after you last used a courtesy month, you'll have two courtesy months again. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Ok great, thanks for the clarification.

Gold Problem Solver

@orange5 wrote: ... are those two months two months for your entire lifetime as a customer that you will never get back, or does it eventually reset once per year, or once you renew your contract, or on some other interval?

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-plan. especially "What will happen if I use more than a terabyte in a month?", and note that:

... If you use more than a terabyte two times or less in a 12-month period, your courtesy month balance will reset to two at the end of these 12 months. However, if you use more than a terabyte three times in a 12-month period, no more courtesy months will be given. ...