Community Forum

Disconnect a Device from Xfinity Wifi

Regular Visitor

Disconnect a Device from Xfinity Wifi

I want to disconnect the Comcast ID associated with a device using an Xfinity Wifi Hotspot connection. 

https://cablewifi.comcast.net/login.php?mso=ccc&client-mac=

The address above allowed me to login. But if I try using a different Comcast ID an "Invalid Username and/or Password" message.

Is there anyway to reset the associated ID with a device? Or is there a link to logout? The Xfinity Wifi Troubleshoot page provided no help.

I am not looking for support for a home wireless network. This post is in regards to the Xfinity Wifi Hotspot service, for use away from home.

Valued Contributor

Re: Disconnect a Device from Xfinity Wifi

I am looking for the answer to this same question

New Poster

Any update on this? I sold my iPad Mini and would like it removed from the Device list. I'm also going to upgrade to the iPhone 6+ on Friday and trade-in my iPhone 5s. I would also like to remove it beforehand. Is there ANY way to deauthorize? Why are they making this SO hard for us to do....?

Thanks,

-Andrew B.

Regular Visitor

Seems this is a pervasive issue and Comcast is offering absolutely no solid support. I've spoken to them several different times about the exact same issue, each time getting a different response. It just does not seem right at all that they can't simply disassociate the device. If they had any integrity at all, they'd provide customers with a solution to this immediately.

See this thread...http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Major-flaw-with-Xfinity-hotspot-automatic-s...

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. I set up a relative's laptop using an xfinity wifi hotspot connection to see how well the hotspots work, with the intention of removing the connection when I delivered the laptop. Big time-consuming mistake. A Comcast customer service rep went above and beyond trying to help me get rid of the connection, but from what I gathered from her back and forth with an unseen tech, the laptop's MAC address is PERMANENTLY bound to xfinity wifi - once you log on you are registered forever!!!! I'm old enough to remember when Microsoft called silliness like this a '"benefit," and no doubt that's what Comcast will say. BTW, I tried the obvious fixes - I changed my password, disabled and reenabled the wifi card, and cleared cookies. But like a bad penny the connection keeps coming back. Disabling the wi-fi card is a good solution until an enterprising user turns it back on. There are serious security and privacy issues here, not to mention non-Comcast customers using bandwidth Comcast customers are paying for. I don't want anyone else, including people visiting my relative, using a hotspot with my username and old password. I don't want to think about the potential horrors - stolen usernames and passwords come to mind - awaiting an inexperienced user on unsecured wifi, nor do I want to worry about them getting into mischief - on purpose or inadvertent - that leads back to me. Comcast does not not warn users of the immortality of their xfinity wifi registrations. That is inexcusable. Comcast needs to provide a way to unbind the MAC address of a Windows computer from xfinity wifi. Can we get an answer from an admin please?

ADDENDUM: While we are at it, AVG reported a second adapter with MAC 00-00-00-02-02-02 on the network. I am not a Unix tech, but Google says this is an indication of a second MAC address on a a single physical interface - presumably two MAC addresses associated with my one NIC. Is Comcast aware of this, or is someone piggybacking onto my connection?

New Poster

I just sold my Playstation 3 and someone who bought it from Gamestop will have access to my Comcast internet.  

You want the best answer?????

Ask Comcast office to close your Internet account.... shut it off.  No more Comcast Internet.  Find a different ISP or get an iPhone or Android with 3G/4G service.

I were you and I will go to Comcast office and shut it off so I don't pay for Comcast Internet anymore.  I will buy myself a phone and give up Chromebox (same as Chromebook).

I get the phone and iPad same time and I will cancel my Comcast Internet... close so that person who bought PS3 cannot connect to my Comcast account.

iPad wifi will be at library or my girlfriend's apartment.  Simple as that.

Bronze Problem Solver

Hello everyone,

I'll look into this and see what i can find out, but I do know that if you change your Comcast username password, all of the devices disconnect automatically since the credentials to the Hotspot are no longer valid.

I'll respond if I receive another way of accomplishing a disconnect.

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I did changed my password but hotspot still get through.  I try change username now.

Bronze Problem Solver

Let me investigate further. If the password change is still logging devices in, then I need to get clarification on what else we can do.

Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

This is ridiculous! I used my user name and password to help a friend download an update and now he has complete access under his MAC address to connect to any Xfinity WiFi!? I found this while we were trying to figure out how to disconnect it. Seems like this would be as easy as 1-2-3. But NO! When you login no where does it say this device will be permently bound with the user name. I say everyone who has friends everyone get a temp user name and password and give it out to everyone. Share on social media etc,  This would make them fix it quick! No sales on their hourly access portal! Wish they would get theirs heads out of their backsides and fix it. In the mean time I have a PC that does not belong to me tied to my user account. Shame on you Comcast!

Diamond Problem Solver

Removing devices from the xfinitywifi is a big secret, ComcastJesse states if you change your Comcast password, it will disconnect everything.  I'm concerned with old mobile devices that were traded in and still that MAC address will automatically join the wifi network.

New Poster

It DOES NOT disconnect the device. I have tried that in the last hour. LIES! LIES! LIES! All Lies! I binds the MAC address to your account. I dont think comcast took in to consideration people selling their devices. One thing it will consider, when they get in a court of law due to legal issues they'll fix 'er right

Problem Solver

Unless I'm missing something here, what you're all asking for is really simple.

If you are using xfinitywifi.  Just go to:

wifilogout.comcast.net

This will disconnect your device. To use xfinitywifi again on that device, you'll need to log in with your Comcast username and password.

Let me know if this isn't what you're talking about.

Expert

AlanD wrote:

Unless I'm missing something here, what you're all asking for is really simple.

If you are using xfinitywifi.  Just go to:

wifilogout.comcast.net

This will disconnect your device. To use xfinitywifi again on that device, you'll need to log in with your Comcast username and password.

Let me know if this isn't what you're talking about.

AlanD,

The link above does not work...

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

OK, I just tried this again geek46.

What happens with me is when i type:

wifilogout.comcast.net

I get an error message.  But THEN when I try to go to another web page, I get an xfinitywifi login screen.  I'm signed out.

Remember when you do this you have to make sure you're actually using 'xfinitywifi'  not your own wifi network.

It works for me, I hope it will work for others.

Expert

AlanD wrote:

OK, I just tried this again geek46.

What happens with me is when i type:

wifilogout.comcast.net

I get an error message.  But THEN when I try to go to another web page, I get an xfinitywifi login screen.  I'm signed out.

Remember when you do this you have to make sure you're actually using 'xfinitywifi'  not your own wifi network.

It works for me, I hope it will work for others.

Gotcha.... you must be on hotspot network then.... understood now!

I don't understand why the OP cannot just log into his MyAccount and disable from there though... I have done it a dozen times at that location....

Have a great day,

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I never could get mine to log out. I took the laptop apart and swapped wifi cards. Yeah the wifi couldn't be on the bottom with easy access. It was tucked away under the palm rest! Oh well lesson learned. Thing is if the device is logging out is that still bound to a pictular comcast account? If so Comcast should state this on the inital log-in page. That way people know whats going on.

Happy Holidays!

New Poster

Simply type "wifilogout.comcast.net" in the address bar of your browser, and hit enter.

Problem Solver

Sugarbrie wrote:

Simply type "wifilogout.comcast.net" in the address bar of your browser, and hit enter.

That's true Sugarbrie, but remember to tell people when they do that, they need to be actually USING 'xfinitywifi' at the time.  I've told people this and it didn't work because the person was on their own personal wi-fi network when they tried it