Community Forum

Different location of modem

New Poster

Different location of modem

I went to change the location of the modem by putting it in a different room in the house and it failed to boot up is there a way the Techs can fix that issue. I want to be able to have the new PC that I will be building soon to have an ethernet connection and my many other devices to be on ethernet.

Official Employee

Re: Different location of modem

You could have a tech come out and activate that outlet w/service charge. Or you can track down the cables/splitters in your house and try to find the cable that you need.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Different location of modem

Hey there, armanil14! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. The easiest way to get this resolved would be by having a technician activate the outlet. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!