Community Forum

Didn't get free internet speed increase in my area.

New Poster

Didn't get free internet speed increase in my area.

Starting on the 26th of July the speed was said to increase in the Tennessee area. On August 3rd I received an email telling me that my speed has been increased from 100 to 150 mbps but it has not. My account still reads 100/10 and I'm getting just that but every support person tells me that they see that i have been upgraded to 150 mbs. It's been 8 days and they say the same things and I've recieved no increase. Also, If anyone can answer a question about Upnp on the comcast rented device, that would be great. When i try to portforward with the directions from a comcst agent, they say to then restart my modem for the changes to take effect but when i do this, Upnp turns itself back on after every restart. Upnp and port forwarding are not to be used together as they conflict with one another so I've been having trouble getting this to work in my favor. Especially since Upnp will be marked as "off" but will still be opening ports. I apologize if I've asked these things in the wrong place as this is my first time posting here. thanks in advance for any information provided.