Community Forum

Device online but not showing in port foward

New Poster

Device online but not showing in port foward

Device showing as connected on devices online but not appearing in port foward drop down

New Poster

Re: Device online but not showing in port foward

im having the same problem here. have you found  a fix for it yet?

Official Employee

Hi there, evan112312. 

Is it just one device or all devices not showing on the drop-down? 

Thanks for posting to our forums! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm getting the same thing too, about to just say F xFi and get a new router and use bridge mode.

New Poster

Just so the other customers know, this is a known issue with xFi. It's not your home network at all, it has to do with how Xfinity's servers pick up configuration data with the cable modem / router in your house. If there was a way to disable xFi and configure the modem localy (10.0.0.1 or whatever), then you wouldn't have any problems. Sometimes if you disable ip-v6 on the device you want to forward to, it will show up, but then again that doesn't always work either.  Honestly, my suggestion is this. Buy yourself a decent router on Amazon, then setup your cable modem to be in Bridge mode and forget about xFi. It's not worth the trouble and frustrations you get with it.