Community Forum

Data usage has doubled

New Poster

Data usage has doubled

Our data usage has doubled in the last two months and this month it will come close to tripling.  We were averaging 600 GB through May and in June and July went over our to 1220 GB.  This month as of 8/10 we are at 600 GB.  Comcast has been zero help other that to say reset your password.  We have added no additional devices, there are only two people in the house, no gaming and we work during the day, and it''s not the dogs watching Netflix!

I have seen a lot of conversations on the internet about the same issues.  I have friends that have roughly the same devices as us and use only 3 GB a day, we are running at 60 GB per day.  We are limited to which companies we can use as Comcast is the only one with cable, the others are DSL and satallite. 

Will be calling later today again and ask them to open a ticket but what I've seen that seems to do little to help.  

Thanks for any help offered.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Data usage has doubled

I have a service that does offline backups to a remote server that uses a lot of data.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Data usage has doubled

If you're using the Comcast gateway, you might have access to Xfinity xFi - log on with your account, and then you can find the connected devices, assign them to users, and check daily usage. 

This might not solve your problem, but it could point you in the right direction.

If not, then you'll have to check your router's statistics and look for any problematic devices, a lot of usage like that could be malware or intrusion into your network. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!