Community Forum

Data Usage?

Regular Contributor

Data Usage?

I hope this is the right forum.

I have a second home where I also have a Comcast TV and internet.  It has a wifi rounter.

Sometimes my friends and relatives go up there.  They use the TV and internet, and smart phones.

I've never quite understood what qualifies as Data Usage.  Here's my chart of Data Usage for the last few months.  I can say that the home was occupied by me and others more during the times you see the higher bar graphs.  What type of usage is recorded on the graphs?

Here's what I'm wondering about.  If I'm at a friend's house, and he only has Direct TV, which doesn't get ESPN, if I use log on to my Comcast account and stream an ESPN football game, does that count as Data Usage?

Data Usage.png

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Data Usage?

@anon86290 wrote:

What type of usage is recorded on the graphs?

The graphs show total use on your home internet subscription, which is basically all data that crosses your modem or gateway into your LAN  either outbound or inbound, plus data from any X1 cable boxes that access the internet. 

@anon86290 wrote:

If I'm at a friend's house, and he only has Direct TV, which doesn't get ESPN, if I use log on to my Comcast account and stream an ESPN football game, does that count as Data Usage?

No, as you are not on your home network. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!