Community Forum

Daily Activation Redirect

New Poster

Daily Activation Redirect

I have been redirected to the captive portal to activate my service every day since I signed up.  We've already replaced our DOCSIS 3.0 modem with a 3.1 compatible model.  I've wiped both web browsers with CCleaner, and power-cycled both our modem and router.  None of the customer service representatives I've spoken with have been able to identify the source of the problem.  Some of them have recommended sending out a tech, and charging me $70.  I doubt a tech would be able to help, since the problem is clearly on Comcast's end.

I am no longer able to activate service on my end.  This message is displayed: 

"Sorry, we can't find this device.
Please give us a call at 1-800-xfinity.

We'll add this device and activate your service as quickly as possible."

If I call customer service, they send an activation signal, and the internet will work for the rest of the day, usually.  The next day, I have to call again.  I am posting this message through an Xfinity Hotspot.

Expert

Re: Daily Activation Redirect

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

After more than a week of troubleshooting and customer service calls, I was able to solve the problem myself by manually redirecting all DNS queries through Google's servers.  I feel like this magically wouldn't have been a problem if I had rented Comcast's modem instead.  If I had an alternative, I wouldn't use this company.  

Official Employee

Hi there, Joshua_N. Sounds like something is happening on our back end. I won't be able to tell until I look at your account. Let's get this fixed! Smiley Happy

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!