Community Forum

DNS issue

New Poster

DNS issue

I work from home, and recently lost DNS connectivity to a client's  hostname. I can browse the internet at large just fine, and other people I work with (in other geographical locations) can browse to the client's hostname without problems. Can I get some assistance with this?

Expert

Re: DNS issue

Perhaps a traceroute to the domain will reveal a clue ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The problem is no DNS resolution for the hostname. I can traceroute to the IP just fine, but just using the IP is not a feasible workaround for the work I'm doing (have to use hostname for technical reasons).

New Poster

I've been Googling around all day for the same thing coincidentally.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Pfhoenix. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum.  I can assist with troubleshooting your DNS issue. I'll need to review your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!